Sunday, March 6, 2011

TWO BIG THINGS IN ENVELOPES.

FIRST ENVELOPE:






February 25, 2011. It was my last day at Marciano's. I had to say goodbye because I had to commit to job hunting already. That day was also the schedule for my interview at Deutsche. It went long so I was late for my last day. I had to buy them desserts and sodas aside from the pansit malabon and barbecue that I already ordered. From Taguig, I arrived at Makati around 12 noon... panting. I was almost running when I got off the bus. When I got to the restaurant, it was busy as it was lunch time. I didn't get to change in my chef's uniform. My kuyas told me not to change anymore as it was my last day. Instead, I put on my apron and hairnet. I helped one of my kuyas in preparing the desserts as there were 10-15 of them to prepare. After all the chaos, we took pictures. Ate the food that I brought and had the usual kulitan in the kitchen. When I was already resting they gave me this huge card. I asked kuya, "kuya ano naman ito"... Of course I knew what it was but it was unexpected so I utter such words. It was overwhelming to have received this card, much more when I opened and saw the pictures and read the notes. I cried. My kuyas cried too. Imagine, mga machong mga kuya ko... Sobrang nakakatouch. I stayed there for more or less 1 month and the love they give to me is too much. I've always wanted a kuya. Little did I know I will have more than 10! Learned a lot from them. Will surely visit them soon and as often as I could. :)



SECOND ENVELOPE:



I think this arrived between February 21-25. I am not really sure as I had it mailed to my provincial address. It was my college diploma! The first in our family and I'm proud of it. :) Before opening this envelope, it was funny that I first felt the envelope. It was like a baby that I was really taking care of. I didn't even want the envelope to be ripped too much. Then that moment, I saw my diploma... I was relieved because they got my name right. Hahahahahahha! Then I read through it carefully (both english and tagalog). My diploma was really symbolic for me as it was as if my final ticket.. it was my last memory of my college years. Tapos na ako sa buhay estudyante and now unto a new chapter. Cliche as it may sound, yes it is a new chapter... I feel like I can start again and be better. 


 With these two envelopes with me, I am truly inspired to get on that challenge. Sana with the right time and with the right company, I will be hired. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment