Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Broken stilettos

How do you manage broken stilettos when you know there are 100 steps or more that you need to take?

I just got home. After work, I went for a quick run and did some dubbing for our video presentation on FX exposure for ADHOC tasks. Smoked one stick feeling revengeful about what life has been giving me lately especially at work and in my relationship. 

Went home with my old boss, also a good friend. She and her husband dropped me off near our house but I still had to walk round about a quarter of kilometer more. Then, I noticed, my stilettos were giving up. It was a pair that I finally decided to wear after a colleague gave it to me a few months ago. Of course, I had to continue walking to get home. But the damage of the shoes was already getting worse. I was thinking then of getting a cab. But I did not... thinking I will survive it. I had to take several stops before finally getting to my destination. When I was already walking towards our building, the shoes can no longer be used and I could no longer walk in them. I had to stop, remove the shoes, and walk barefooted. This was only just a few steps away towards the building. 

I had to let them go even if it would cause embarrassment. I no longer noticed how many people were looking at me. I could not do anything about it. I had to go home even if it means walking barefooted.

Life is just like that - broken stilettos. You can only push just as much. You have a limit as to where you can bear the pain. And when you have reach that limit, let go. Even if it means ridicules, gossips, etc. There will always be consequences for every action we take. But we should always be ready to take them. 

Letting go also means acceptance; that you are done and ready to take on either a new or more improved way of life. Once we let go, we may at times go back to what used to be. Say for the broken stilettos, when I finally got out of it, my feet are in their happiest state. But I had to rethink about the shoes: "Will I throw them or have them repaired?"

Yes, you feel happy for a second there once you finally have let go of the pain. But rethinking will always be there because your brain is now functioning much better after it has been clouded with so much distractions. Key here is to exhaust this part of your body at its optimum level. Weigh things. Ask trusted friends. Will the shoes serve its purpose of providing a home to my feet? Is it okay to just throw them away and invest on better shoes next time? How much is the difference between getting the shoes fixed and getting new ones?

When you find the answers to them. Ask again. Am I sure? 



No comments:

Post a Comment