Monday, June 24, 2013

Detoxify.

Never ever depend your happiness on someone. Ever. 

After being locked up for one whole weekend doing nothing, I have realized that true happiness should always come from within. And it is always a choice. 

But things will never be in our control. So what do we do when this happens? It's either we pause or we stop. There is no point of continuing when things are in a blur and if we do, it will surely be a disaster.

My roommate said, people usually go through a stage where one does and thinks nothing because for him/her, that is the most reasonable thing to do after going through complicated things and unbearable emotions. It may seem unproductive but that is what one truly need. 

Do nothing! Be unproductive!  

I don't know about you but that is how, I believe, I was able to get out of too many thoughts and be able to see things clearly; which will hopefully will lead me to a better understanding of why and how things are as such. 

And since listing off is popular nowadays in most blogs, let me try to do it here by providing you the procedures/things one need to do to have an unproductive weekend and come out fresh come the toxic and dreadful Monday. (This is how I unintentionally did it)

1. Get drinks Friday night (optional) - Do not do it alone! Alone time won't happen yet here. Surround yourself with your closest friend/s so you can maximize your talking ability as you won't be able to use it for two straight days! Talk minimally about what you are going through but make sure that the happiness will prevail on this night. The most important thing to remember from here is that you should enjoy. After all, it's Friday! 

TIP: Try to drink just enough alcohol for a good night sleep. Don't over do it as you don't want a hangover the next day!.

2. Pile up your DVDs (or whatever it is that you love doing on your downtime) - ...or if you are a book-person then pile of your books! It is now best to lay them all out as you will be needing them for the whole weekend! This is what you do when you suddenly wake up from your much needed snooze. Make sure that all of them are within reach. 

TIP: Invest on less strenuous hobby. You don't want to include there cooking, sports, etc. 

3. Have your food delivery numbers ready. It will be really a lazy day so you don't want to cook or go down to grab a bite to eat. It's all about disposables and fast food during this unproductive day. 

WARNING: Get ready for some extra pounds!

4. Have your most fresh set of linen. The smell of new sheets is always the bomb! And if you are like me who has a strong relationship with a pillow (my pillow has been with me for 10 years now) make sure you have it! 

TIP: Set you AC to a maximum and cuddle up in your bed and you are set to dreamland perfection!

5. Minimize your conversations. This is not only your unproductive time but also your time for yourself. If you  can, try to not talk to anyone at all. This will help you not lose your concentration... on doing nothing! Hahaha! (You know what I mean)

6. Take a long bath. Nothing beats a good long shower! 

TIP: If you have a tub, better! :)

7. SLEEP. Very powerful! Sleep is a very magical time-away that God invented. Imagine, you get to have a timeout to everything? I don't know about vampires but sleep is too precious to takeaway (Sorry, Edward Cullen). 

Take a long sleep... long naps. Such a wonderful feeling! Gives you back the energy that need after battling with all the troubles and the much deserved break to keep you away from too much thoughts and emotions.


~
This may be a little over the top of being unproductive but, I don't know, it helped me quite a bit. I didn't find answers yet to things that have been bothering me but I surely was better. 

In fact, before writing this post, my friend told me I sounded much better. And just before that call, I cooked. My other self-proclaimed therapy. 

We can never escape all the problems in the world. What we can always do is take a break and do nothing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment